H.E the Governor today had a special meeting with the executive and gave the following directives
- Having considered the cost of buying and maintaining goods and services such as vehicles and heavy machinery Vis a Vis leasing, He directed all Departments to shift to leasing as opposed to buying. This should be in line with the relevant provision of law including the Public Procurement and Disposals Act.
- That in actualizing His policy of women empowerment, H.E directed that all opportunities in public institutions in the County, including schools and hospitals, where unskilled labor is required be given to the rural women. These opportunities include making porridge for schools under the schools feeding program, cleaning of dispensaries and hospitals and markets just to mention a few.
- That persons or communities living along the Nolturesh pipeline must be on drip irrigation. This is a view to attaining food security.
- The State of Devolution Address was made on the 4th June 2018.Each Department will pick the best practices on devolution, relevant to the department and implement the same.
- A passenger train services line between Konza and Kajiado has been developed and the train will be making its maiden trip and test run on the 19th June 2018.H.E the Governor will flag off this event. The line is expected to open up the transport network for Kajiado East.