- Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation
- Finance and Economic Planning
- Medical Services and Public Health
- Education, Vocational Training, Youth and Sports
- Lands, Physical planning, Urban development, Housing and Municipalities
- Roads, Public Works, Transport and Energy
- Trade, Investments and Enterprise Development
- Water, Environment, Natural Resources and Climate Change
- Public Service, Administration, Social Services, Citizen Participation and Inspectorate Services
CGK February 14, 2018
Kajiado Governor Joseph Ole Lenku hosted the Cabinet Secretary in charge of Devolution and ASAL who is also the outgoing CS for Water Hon. Eugene Wamalwa in his office.
The CS was on a tour of the county to commission various water projects, among them is the drilling of 50 boreholes that are being done in collaboration with the Government of Belgium and World bank to a tune of Ksh 1.2 billion. The boreholes will be of great help and will also be supplied to schools within the Kajiado County.
The water projects include;
- Olooloitikoshi dam water supply and sanitation project.
- Fast tracking Kiserian sewerage system being funded by the central government.
The Oloitokitok water and Sewerage Project involves construction of the following:
- The Noolturesh Springs water works.
- Construction of 11 km Water Supply Distribution System.
- Construction of sewage treatment plant.
- 15km sewer pipelines and construction of a number of sanitation blocks.
The project will improve the water supply and sanitation situation within Oloitokitok Town and its environs, targeting a total of 40,000 residents and beyond, this is extended to cost approximately ksh 1billion shillings and it’s expected to be over by Nov 2018. All this projects are aimed at solving the issue of acute water shortages in the county.
In addition, the CS noted that the government was responding to the drought situation. Towards that end he distributed food stuff and promised to upscale the relief aid given to the County.