- Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation
- Medical Services and Public Health
- Lands, Physical planning, Urban development, Housing and Municipalities
- Roads, Public Works, Transport and Energy
- Trade, Investments and Enterprise Development
- Water, Environment, Natural Resources and Climate Change
- Public Service, Administration, Social Services, Citizen Participation and Inspectorate Services
CGK August 9, 2019
H.E the Governor while visiting the maga kiserian dam okayed the desiltation and expansion of the mega dam to enable it double its holding capacity from 1.2 Million cubic litres to about 2.5 million cubic litres. This will therefore help Oloolaiser Water company have enough water for both Kajiado North and Kajiado West Sub Counties.
H.E the Governor also directed the company to review and restructure its internal systems and stop forthwith the regular disconnection of electricity over unpaid bills.
“Reliable supply of water by Oloolaiser is not negotiable.Our people need clean and fresh water without further delay”he added.
Oloolaiser Water and Sewerage Company Limited (OWSC) has four main water sources; Kiserian dam, Magathi River, 18 boreholes and 2 springs (University and Oltiyani). The company produces a total of about 7,500 M3/day and has a customer base of 11,262 connections comprising 7,460 active and 3,622 inactive connections. The company also operates 35 water kiosks.
The Company’s service area is approximately 115 km2 and covers six wards namely Ongata Rongai, Olkeri, Keekonyoike, Oloolua, Nkaimurunya and Ngong. Within the company’s area of jurisdiction there are four major towns namely Ongata Rongai, Kiserian, Kahara-Matasia and Ngong. In addition, there are 12 low-income areas (LIAs) that are served by the company.