- Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation
- Finance and Economic Planning
- Medical Services and Public Health
- Education, Vocational Training, Youth and Sports
- Lands, Physical planning, Urban development, Housing and Municipalities
- Roads, Public Works, Transport and Energy
- Trade, Investments and Enterprise Development
- Water, Environment, Natural Resources and Climate Change
- Public Service, Administration, Social Services, Citizen Participation and Inspectorate Services
CGK February 8, 2018
UPGRADE PLAN FOR THE NAIROBI-MOMBASA HIGHWAY
Kajiado County will benefit from water pans and boreholes in the upcoming upgrade of the Nairobi-Mombasa Highway.
Kajiado Governor Joseph Ole Lenku ,Roads and Infrastructure CEC member Alex Kilouwa have engaged with the Kenya National Highway Authority (KenHa) on how the construction of the expressway will benefit Kajiado residents.
The meeting between the Governor and the KenHa officials held today at his office discussed on an action plan drawn to ensure compliance with the Social and Environmental Impact Assessment report.
Key agendas include:
√ Compensation for loss of land and Resettlement policy
√ Resources utilization and compensation
√ Economic opportunities and survival of the towns along the highway.
√ Corporate Social Responsibility plan
√ Employment opportunities for locals as well as Subcontracts.
√ Public Participation for all stakeholders.
The contractor, Bechtel Corporation, will also offer technical training of local labor as well as skill development for their suppliers.
The express highway will avoid towns along its trajectory but all the towns will have link-ways to the highway, ensuring quick movement of goods and services.