- Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation
- Finance and Economic Planning
- Medical Services and Public Health
- Education, Vocational Training, Youth and Sports
- Lands, Physical planning, Urban development, Housing and Municipalities
- Roads, Public Works, Transport and Energy
- Trade, Investments and Enterprise Development
- Water, Environment, Natural Resources and Climate Change
- Public Service, Administration, Social Services, Citizen Participation and Inspectorate Services
CGK November 23, 2018
County Government corporates take up 200 vocational interns as skills program starts to bear fruits:More than 200 youths being trained for vocational skills by County Government are set to proceed for attachment.
The youths, who are part of the 1,000 youth’s targeted for skills this financial year, have completed their Grade 3 training and have been placed for internship starting in January. More than 20 corporate institutions operating in the County have offered to absorb the new graduates who will finish the internship in April next year.
Kajiado Education and Vocational Training CEC Member Lenku Seki said the trainees will proceed to Grade 2 in May. “We want to mold skilled youth who will be ready for the job market when we are through with them. We are happy the corporate institutions are supporting the internship programme,” said Seki.
The County minister said contractors in the county, especially those in building, construction and water works will also be drafted into the skills scheme so that they can offer on job exposure to the trainees.
Yesterday, Governor Lenku presided over the pass out for the trainees at the National Industrial Training Authority ( NITA) grounds in Kitengela.
The County Government and the KCB Foundation have jointly invested over KSh 100 Million in this the programme dubbed as “ Kazi Mkononi”.