- Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation
- Finance and Economic Planning
- Medical Services and Public Health
- Education, Vocational Training, Youth and Sports
- Lands, Physical planning, Urban development, Housing and Municipalities
- Roads, Public Works, Transport and Energy
- Trade, Investments and Enterprise Development
- Water, Environment, Natural Resources and Climate Change
- Public Service, Administration, Social Services, Citizen Participation and Inspectorate Services
Kajiado County August 7, 2018
OIL EXPLORATION IN KAJIADO
Governor Joseph Ole Lenku today when he received officials from the National Oil Corporation led by their C.E.O Ms MaryJane Mwangi and the Chairman Kibuga Kariithi, who paid a courtesy call to his county office
Governor Joseph Ole Lenku today received officials from the National Oil Corporation led by their C.E.O Ms MaryJane Mwangi and the Chairman Kibuga Kariithi, who paid a courtesy call to his county office.
The Governor was briefed of the ongoing explorations in Magadi sub basin Block 14 T.
NOC said they had already done some high yield boreholes in Magadi and erected 10,000 litre tanks to serve the community as their Community Social responsibility, completed a secondary school in the remote areas of Magadi, a police post in Nkurman and another school in the same belt.
The Governor requested that National Oil Corporation partners with the County Government to make access roads into some parts of Magadi where roads are either impassable or none existent. “If the national oil can provide excavators, the county government will provide fuel and any other necessary support for roads to be fixed in Magadi” said the Governor.
Today also the Governor held talks with Merck Group which is a leading science and technology company in health care .
The company has established point of care aimed at bringing basic health care services closer to the people .
The pilot program has been set up in tuala .
The centre will provide a pharmacy, medical personnel,screening center and virtual doctor all within one center.
The Governor has also welcomed all partnerships between the county, the National government corporations and private sector as well assured full cooperation in providing support to establish more of these health development centers and many more especially in the remote areas of kajiado county that are inaccessible.