- Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation
- Finance and Economic Planning
- Medical Services and Public Health
- Education, Vocational Training, Youth and Sports
- Lands, Physical planning, Urban development, Housing and Municipalities
- Roads, Public Works, Transport and Energy
- Trade, Investments and Enterprise Development
- Water, Environment, Natural Resources and Climate Change
- Public Service, Administration, Social Services, Citizen Participation and Inspectorate Services
Kajiado County March 2, 2018
LAUNCH OF ECDE FEEDING PROGRAMME
The ECDE feeding programme has been launched by Kajiado governor Joseph ole Lenku at Moipei primary school in Kajiado central Ildamat ward. The aim of the programme is to sustain the young kids in school during these drought period that has hit the county for a long time.
Speaking during the launch the governor said the programme will cost the county a total of 21 million in the first term to ensure the pupils are well taken care off. Assuring the crowd that the county government will ensure the programme will continue despite the many challenges.
“We intend to keep this programme running at every cost considering the drought we are experiencing across the county to keep our young ones at school.” Said the Governor.
He added that the county is facing a lot of challenges due to a prolong drought that has led to death of livestock which is a source of income to Kajiado residents. He noted that as a county they are working closely with the national government to ensure that people will get relief food by next week.