- Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation
- Finance and Economic Planning
- Medical Services and Public Health
- Education, Vocational Training, Youth and Sports
- Lands, Physical planning, Urban development, Housing and Municipalities
- Roads, Public Works, Transport and Energy
- Trade, Investments and Enterprise Development
- Water, Environment, Natural Resources and Climate Change
- Public Service, Administration, Social Services, Citizen Participation and Inspectorate Services
Kajiado County July 6, 2023
Kajiado County Spatial Plan
Unplanned towns in Kajiado will soon be a thing of the past, in the wake of our new Spatial Plan by the County Government. The preparation of a County Spatial Plan is a requirement under the County Government Act, 2012 which requires that all County Governments in Kenya prepare and implement Geographic Information System (GIS) – based County Spatial Plans.
Today, I verified and signed the Plan which has been approved by the County Assembly. The 10-year Spatial Plan has been prepared as per Section 110 of the County Government’s Act (2012), Planning Standards and guidelines as provided for in the National Land Commission’s Exemplar Format.
The Spatial Plan offers a broad vision for sustainable development within the county.
Major natural resources have also been outlined for proper utilisation to benefit the county’s residents and help in growth of the County Government’s annual revenue returns.
I signed the Plan in the presence of Representatives of the County Assembly led by Deputy Clerk, Kipambi Ntele, Chief Whip Hon. Stephen Ngatho, the sectoral Chairman, Hon. Jonathan Koroine and senior officers of the Department of Lands.