- Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation
- Finance and Economic Planning
- Medical Services and Public Health
- Education, Vocational Training, Youth and Sports
- Lands, Physical planning, Urban development, Housing and Municipalities
- Roads, Public Works, Transport and Energy
- Trade, Investments and Enterprise Development
- Water, Environment, Natural Resources and Climate Change
- Public Service, Administration, Social Services, Citizen Participation and Inspectorate Services
Kajiado County Admin September 6, 2023
KAJIADO COUNTY REFERRAL EYE UNIT
- Kajiado County was privileged to be part of the Vision Impact Project supported by – Christian Blind Mission (CBM) and Operation Eye Sight. VIP is being implemented in 7 counties across Kenya.
- The project aims to reduce the prevalence of blindness and visual impairment through a multi-pronged approach which includes mass screening of the population, improving services at the county, sub-county and primary levels of health care.
- Through support from the project, Kajiado County Referral Hospital now has a newly completed eye unit with state of the art equipment including fundus camera, visual field analyser and optical coherence tomography.
- The support has seen an increase in human resource for eye health with trainings all the way from the primary level where 33 health workers have been trained in primary eye care to training of 5 health workers in eye related higher diploma courses.
- The project has also supported procurement of medicines and supplies including cataract surgical kits
- The ultimate aim of VIP is to have no one needlessly suffering from avoidable blindness or visual impairment