- Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation
- Finance and Economic Planning
- Medical Services and Public Health
- Education, Vocational Training, Youth and Sports
- Lands, Physical planning, Urban development, Housing and Municipalities
- Roads, Public Works, Transport and Energy
- Trade, Investments and Enterprise Development
- Water, Environment, Natural Resources and Climate Change
- Public Service, Administration, Social Services, Citizen Participation and Inspectorate Services
CGK May 7, 2019
KAJIADO COUNTY COMMEMORATES NURSES WEEK
Kajiado County nurses joined others in commemorating the Global Nurses Week at Kimana Health Centre in Loitokitok Sub County.
This day is celebrated with special events and times banquets to honor the nurses for the role they play in health care service delivery.
Kajiado County has over 538 nurses with 46% working in rural health facilities. This is an increase from 338 nurses before devolution.
Representing Governor Joseph Ole Lenku, Health Services CEC Esther Somoire said nurses play a critical role in healthcare provision.” As a Department we have the best nurses. We recognize efforts of every nurse in the county and shall always support them as they make a difference in the lives of patients and in the communities they serve, “Said Somoire
Medical Services Chief Officer Jacob Sampeke added that they are improving facilities and working environments for the nurses.” We are building better facilities so that we make easier for our nurses to offer the best services to our people. ” said Sampeke.
Ellen Sawani who is in charge of nurses affairs in Kajiado County highlighted that nurses are happy with the way their affairs are being managed by the County Government.” We are happy with the way our affairs are being handled by the administration of Governor Joseph Ole Lenku and that is why you didn’t see strikes in our county, “said Sawani.
In order to achieve Universal Health Care as a County, the role of nurses is critical and therefore there’s need to continue to actively recruit and train nurses.