- Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation
- Finance and Economic Planning
- Medical Services and Public Health
- Education, Vocational Training, Youth and Sports
- Lands, Physical planning, Urban development, Housing and Municipalities
- Roads, Public Works, Transport and Energy
- Trade, Investments and Enterprise Development
- Water, Environment, Natural Resources and Climate Change
- Public Service, Administration, Social Services, Citizen Participation and Inspectorate Services
Kajiado County Admin September 13, 2023
H.E GOVERNOR JOSEPH OLE LENKU VISIT THE UN HEADQUATER IN GIGIRI
On the 12th September 2023, a meeting was held at the UN headquarters in Gigiri with the World Health Organization (WHO), represented by Dr. Abdourahmane Diallo, the WHO Kenya representative, and the County Government led by H.E. Governor Joseph Ole Lenku, focused on various key areas of partnership, including strengthening cross-border surveillance, emergency preparedness, capacity building, and support for the upcoming El-nino rains. Additionally, they discussed establishing Primary Care Networks, addressing mental health policies, and the possibility of having a dedicated WHO Desk in Kajiado.
The Kajiado County Government, under the leadership of Governor, expressed their gratitude for the successful collaboration with WHO during a recent Oral Cholera Vaccination drive. The Department had recently exceeded their vaccination target by 104.2% showcasing the effectiveness of their partnership. Present at this meeting were Alex Kilowua, CEC Health Kajiado, along with the chief officers and directors of both Medical Services and Public Health amoung other senior government and WHO officials. They emphasized their commitment to addressing health challenges in the region and identified several thematic areas for potential collaboration with WHO. These areas include improving disease surveillance and emergency response, enhancing primary healthcare services, ensuring the availability of essential health products and technologies, capacity building for healthcare workers, and providing nutrition support during drought periods.
This visit to the UN headquarters underscores Kajiado County’s determination to work closely with WHO, represented by Dr. Abdourahmane Diallo and their dedicated team to enhance the health and well-being of its residents and effectively manage health-related challenges.