- Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation
- Medical Services and Public Health
- Lands, Physical planning, Urban development, Housing and Municipalities
- Roads, Public Works, Transport and Energy
- Trade, Investments and Enterprise Development
- Water, Environment, Natural Resources and Climate Change
- Public Service, Administration, Social Services, Citizen Participation and Inspectorate Services
CGK April 18, 2019
GOVERNOR LAUNCHES VACCINATION PROGRAM FOR LIVESTOCK AT MAILI 46.
Kajiado County Department of Livestock Development has embarked on a massive program to vaccinate more than 800,000 livestock against trans-boundary diseases. The one month drive will see 400,000 heads of cattle against Foot and Mouth Disease, PPR and Rift Valley Fever. A further 400,000 sheep and goats will be vaccinated against Blue Tongue.
Governor Joseph Ole Lenku launched the program at Maili 46 in Iloodokilani Ward, Kajiado West Sub County. Agriculture and Livestock Development Chief Officer Moses Murrunya said Kajiado East, Kajiado South and Kajiado Central Sub Counties will be covered.Governor Lenku said the program will save thousands of livestock from dying due to the diseases. The risk of the diseases has been heightened by increased movement of livestock between Kajiado and Narok Counties as well as across the Sub Counties.
“I encourage our livestock keepers to get the vaccinations. We are working on mitigation measures to ensure the effects of the drought are reduced,” he said.Governor Lenku asked herders to be mindful of each other and share the available pasture and water as the situation will come to an end.
“Let us be our brothers’ keepers during these hard times,” he added