- Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation
- Finance and Economic Planning
- Medical Services and Public Health
- Education, Vocational Training, Youth and Sports
- Lands, Physical planning, Urban development, Housing and Municipalities
- Roads, Public Works, Transport and Energy
- Trade, Investments and Enterprise Development
- Water, Environment, Natural Resources and Climate Change
- Public Service, Administration, Social Services, Citizen Participation and Inspectorate Services
CGK May 8, 2018
H.E the Governor welcomed the First Lady of Kenya H.E Margret Kenyatta to a tree planting exercise at Kibiko Forest organized by the Ministry Of Defense.
Our County is commitment towards the increment of forest cover and supporting the conservation efforts of the Ministry of Environment.
Over a month ago H.E the Governor launched the School tree growing exercise duped “Adopt A Tree” through the County department of Environment to contribute towards the achievement of a 10% Forest Cover in Kajiado County and in keeping with our responsibilities under the Constitution.
Following an initiative by the Ministry of Environment and Forestry, to adopt forests for restoration, KDF has adopted Kibiko forest, Ngong Hills, Thogoto, Oloolua, and Mareba wetlands. The County Government takes this opportunity to escalate its re- afforestation program.
This will entail including the communities around these forests to provide them with economic benefits while at the same time ensuring that millions of trees will fight the effects of climate change.