- Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation
- Finance and Economic Planning
- Medical Services and Public Health
- Education, Vocational Training, Youth and Sports
- Lands, Physical planning, Urban development, Housing and Municipalities
- Roads, Public Works, Transport and Energy
- Trade, Investments and Enterprise Development
- Water, Environment, Natural Resources and Climate Change
- Public Service, Administration, Social Services, Citizen Participation and Inspectorate Services
Kajiado County March 4, 2023
Department of Roads- Scorecard 2017-2022
In line with the initiative to ensure that there is efficient, affordable & reliable infrastructure for sustainable economic and social activities, the County Government of Kajiado embarked on a robust strategy of construction, modernization, rehabilitation and effective management of all infrastructure facilities within the county. To achieve this, the department embarked on:
- Carry out survey to determine all roads that are unclassified and upgrade them
- Continuously maintain all weather roads
- Partnership with Kenya Rural Electrification and other partners to enhance supply of power & Ensure adequate parking spaces in the county
Milestone Achieved (2017 – 2020)
|3||Roads, Transport, Public Works & Energy||Objective: To enhance accessibility in both urban and rural areas|
|Outcome: Enhanced accessibility in the county|
|Total Kms of roads opened||900kms|
|Total Kms Graded & Murramed||1,419 Kms|
|Total Kms of road Tarmacked & Cabros
Bus parks constructed & maintained
|Installation of Floodlights||16|
|Municipality Tarmac||11.6 Kms|
Integrated Street lighting
When we came in, Kajiado Town & dozens of other towns in Kajiado were in total darkness at night and the few streetlights erected were in complete disrepair.
- In Kisii Town, under a Public, Private Partnership arrangement with Rural Development Solutions, we have installed over 97 solar powered streetlights and eight ( 2 ) high mast lights spurring the growth of a 24 hour economy.
- High mast lights have also been installed in all the nine sub county headquarters.
- Through a market improvement program targeting 20 centers, the County has already installed 11 solar streetlights in 12 trading centers spread across all 25 ward and a total of 41 high mast flood lights.