- Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation
- Finance and Economic Planning
- Medical Services and Public Health
- Education, Vocational Training, Youth and Sports
- Lands, Physical planning, Urban development, Housing and Municipalities
- Roads, Public Works, Transport and Energy
- Trade, Investments and Enterprise Development
- Water, Environment, Natural Resources and Climate Change
- Public Service, Administration, Social Services, Citizen Participation and Inspectorate Services
CGK February 21, 2019
COUNTY GOVERNMENT TO FOCUS SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS THIS YEAR
Kajiado County has prioritized social development in the next fiscal year according to the 2019 County Fiscal Strategy Paper (CFSP) . The paper which is aligned with other county policies among them the 2018 – 2022 County Integrated Development Plan (CIDP) and the Annual Development Plan (ADP) 2019 seeks to lay the emphasis on food security and improved nutrition as well as ensuring healthy lives and promoting well-being for all residents of Kajiado County.
Speaking during a 2019 County Fiscal Strategy Paper (CFSP) Public Participation Forum at Maasai Technical Training Institute, the Chief Officer in-charge of Treasury Maurice Kaaka said ensuring availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all together with Infrastructural development will have an effect of supporting economic growth and supporting value addition to increase income.“As a county we aim to lay the emphasis on food security and improved nutrition because we all know a healthy population equals a developed County, “he added.
His sentiments were echoed by outgoing CECm Finance and County Treasury Michael Semera who said the county continually maintains a balanced budget through its spending keeping a track of the proposed development programmes and projects.“The County’s Infrastructural development will be key in supporting economic growth as well as promotion of value addition to increase income,”he noted.
The Kajiado County Fiscal Strategy Paper (CFSP) is the County’s Government’s strategy document for the budget and provides the link between the overall policies and budget implementation. It highlights the strategic development objectives and priorities and how they shall be implemented through specific programmes. Its preparation is stipulated in line with Sec 117 of the PFMA, 2012 and its Regulations 2015.