- Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation
- Finance and Economic Planning
- Medical Services and Public Health
- Education, Vocational Training, Youth and Sports
- Lands, Physical planning, Urban development, Housing and Municipalities
- Roads, Public Works, Transport and Energy
- Trade, Investments and Enterprise Development
- Water, Environment, Natural Resources and Climate Change
- Public Service, Administration, Social Services, Citizen Participation and Inspectorate Services
CGK May 22, 2019
COUNTY BENEFITS FROM NEW WATER PROJECTS
Kajiado County will benefit from at least Sh 100 million to address perennial water shortages in selected areas.The money is part of a Sh 2 Billion grant by the European Union to several counties and will be channeled through the Water Sector Trust Fund.
Other counties set to benefit from similar Fund are Baringo, Kilifi,Kitui, West Pokot, Mandera, Samburu and Taita Taveta.
H.E the Governor has today signed the memorandum of understanding in Nairobi over the projects in a ceremony witnessed by Water and Sanitation Cabinet Secretary Simon Chelugui. The program by the Fund is dubbed ‘Ending Drought Emergencies Climate Proofed Infrastructure for Improved Water Supply and Sanitation in Arid and Semi Arid Lands’.”We are grateful for the gesture .We shall map out the very needy areas in our urban areas such as Kitengela and Ongata Rongai and Ngong and some of our driest areas to support our livestock farmers, ” said the Governor.
Among the key beneficiaries in the counties will be community water projects especially those in the very poor rural areas and the urban poor.
County Water and Irrigation CEC Member Michael Semera and Chief Officer Douglas Konana were present when the Governor put pen to paper on the new deal.