- Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation
- Finance and Economic Planning
- Medical Services and Public Health
- Education, Vocational Training, Youth and Sports
- Lands, Physical planning, Urban development, Housing and Municipalities
- Roads, Public Works, Transport and Energy
- Trade, Investments and Enterprise Development
- Water, Environment, Natural Resources and Climate Change
- Public Service, Administration, Social Services, Citizen Participation and Inspectorate Services
Kajiado County Admin November 6, 2023
Capacity-Building Training Program For Women beaders in Kajiado South Sub-County.
Kajiado County Government’s Department of Gender,Co-operatives,Culture,Tourism and Wildlife, in collaboration with World Wildlife Fund(WWF) and the Ushanga Kenya Initiative, has ended their capacity-building training program for 50 women beaders in Kajiado South Sub-County.
This empowerment is aimed at transforming their traditional art into marketable commodities, thus yielding significant economic and social benefits.
This initiative’s strategy is centered on:
• Enhancing the business and production capabilities of women
• Organizing them into cooperative groups
• Providing essential production infrastructure
• Facilitating competitive access to local, regional, and international markets.
The culmination of this endeavor is the one-week Training of Trainers (TOT) workshop.
During this intensive program, the 50 women participants will;
• Acquire a diverse skill set, including proficiency in various bead styles.
• Adoption of new designs
• Efficient use of beading tools, leather crafting, experimentation with color combinations, and the mastery of high-quality finishing.
The overall objective is to equip these women with the ability to produce top-quality products and empower them to disseminate their acquired expertise to other women’s groups.
The workshop is a joint activity supported by IWT-CF (five groups) and BMZ II (six group ranches) in Kajiado South.