Vision: A prosperous and globally competitive county free from preventable diseases.
Mission: To promote the provision of sustainable, accessible, quality and equitable health care that is evidence based, technology driven and client centered to all the people of Kajiado County.
Health is wealth hence need to ensure health facilities are available and within reach.
Distribution of health facilities is uneven as most are within the urban centers. Focus on construction of health facilities in the rural areas to be a priority.
Average distance to the nearest health center especially for the rural areas
Doctor population ratio – 1:26000. This ratio is not good for the County hence the need for National Government to provide more doctors to the County as the County Government provides incentives for investors in the health sector.
Nurse population ratio is 1: 1068. The current scenario is untenable and calls for urgent measures to provide the support needed.
- Eliminate communicable conditions in the county until they are not a major public health concern.
- Halt and reverse rising burden on non-communicable conditions by providing preventive and management programs.
- Reduce burden of violence and injuries by reducing morbidity and mortalities arising from violence and injuries.
- Provide essential health services by ensuring services are affordable, equitable, accessible and responsive to the residents of Kajiado County.
- Minimize exposure to health risk factors by strengthening health promotion in the county.
Strengthen collaboration with health related sectors by adopting a health in all related sectors policies approach