H.E Governor Joseph Ole Lenku is putting in place an elaborate hay production and conservation program targeting supply of at least 1,600,000 subsidized bales to livestock farmers per year. A 1000 acres hay production and conservation model farm shall be established per sub-county for this program.
This is part of a sensitization initiative to both pastoralists and dairy farmers to adopt this model to deal with drought impacts for posterity.
The program shall be linked to other livestock value chain improvements in the pipeline.
- Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation
- Finance and Economic Planning
- Medical Services and Public Health
- Education, Vocational Training, Youth and Sports
- Lands, Physical planning, Urban development, Housing and Municipalities
- Roads, Public Works, Transport and Energy
- Trade, Investments and Enterprise Development
- Water, Environment, Natural Resources and Climate Change
- Public Service, Administration, Social Services, Citizen Participation and Inspectorate Services