Kajiado county laiser hill are in the semi-final of the national secondary school games.
The metropolitan champions defeated passenga from the aberdare region 2-1 in pool B match to go top of the group and they become the first team to qualify to the semis.
It followed their first game which they won 4-0 against simotwo from the mau region
Laiser started without key player musa masika with the semi – final in mind and captain flavas chamlas was also substituted in the second half, but that could not hinder their mission
Laiser took the lead in the early stages of the match through Kennedy mwangi before passenga grew in the match and equalized before halftime through James kinyanjui.
Mwangi later added a second at the 68th minute after some defensive blunder from passenga and the game ended with laiser winning 2-1.
Laiser team manager Shaban baraza said they have achieved their first goal.
“We have achieved our first goal which is to reach the semi – finals. I am proud of the boys for their hard work. We are now ready to face any team because to be champions you must play with champions. We want to go to Rwanda.
In the other game simottwo came from a goal down to draw 2-2 with waa boys from the coast
Laiser will be looking to maintain their 100 per cent record in the group stage when they play waa boys from the coast in their last group B game encounter.
- Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation
- Finance and Economic Planning
- Medical Services and Public Health
- Education, Vocational Training, Youth and Sports
- Lands, Physical planning, Urban development, Housing and Municipalities
- Roads, Public Works, Transport and Energy
- Trade, Investments and Enterprise Development
- Water, Environment, Natural Resources and Climate Change
- Public Service, Administration, Social Services, Citizen Participation and Inspectorate Services