“I am pleased to announce the task force team that will spearhead this great dream of Kajiado County’s first public Technical University”,said the Governor.
The team will be chaired by Prof. Solomon Mpoke, other members of the task force are former JKUAT Vice Chancellor Prof Nick Wanjohi, Dr Naomi Kipuri, former Kajiado Central MP David Sankori, former PS Joshua Polong, Dr Alice Lakati, Mr Charles Ogada and Mr Philip Koitlel.
The taskforce has already fine-tuned the Commission for University Education’s requirements and is ready to steer the project beginning January 2018.
Beginning January, this task force will be entitled to deal with the nitty-gritties of the establishment of the institution.
“This Technical University will offer locals a priority to bridge the wide inequality gap in access to higher education.We need to rethink the size and scope of our technical manpower to drive [the] economy.The university will be ready to admit its first students in 24 months” added the Governor.
- Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation
- Medical Services and Public Health
- Lands, Physical planning, Urban development, Housing and Municipalities
- Roads, Public Works, Transport and Energy
- Trade, Investments and Enterprise Development
- Water, Environment, Natural Resources and Climate Change
- Public Service, Administration, Social Services, Citizen Participation and Inspectorate Services