The National Government has been accused of ignoring the collective bargaining agreement that failed to increase teachers’ pay. Speaking in Mashuru during the thanksgiving ceremony of Kajiado Knut secretary General Elly Korinko, Kajiado Governor Hon.David Nkedianye said the government has failed to honour the CBA on teachers pay. He regretted that teachers have been let down despite them working tirelessly to teach children. Applauding Elly for winning the election, welcoming him to leadership and voicing people to give him support. Urging all leaders to forget parties’ differences and come together to better the lives of the community.
Knut sec Elly Korinko has asked the government to include the CBA in the next financial year. Other leaders including Cabinet Secretary Joseph Nkaissery, EALA MP Judith Pareno, Kajiado Women Representative Mary Senata and Knut officials added their voices on teachers pay disputes.
- Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation
- Finance and Economic Planning
- Medical Services and Public Health
- Education, Vocational Training, Youth and Sports
- Lands, Physical planning, Urban development, Housing and Municipalities
- Roads, Public Works, Transport and Energy
- Trade, Investments and Enterprise Development
- Water, Environment, Natural Resources and Climate Change
- Public Service, Administration, Social Services, Citizen Participation and Inspectorate Services