Livestock farming being our traditional specialty shall be improved as we implement best practices for maximum returns.
Forestry: Despite the dry spell experienced more often than not, the need to improve our forest cover as a sure way of attracting rainfall can not be gainsaid.
Water: The water table in the county is not beyond reach hence drilling of boreholes for provision of clean water for domestic and industrial use is critical for sustainability of our livelihoods. Availability of water shall spur growth in the agricultural and livestock sectors.
Horticulture and Flower culture: We envisage expansion of this sector so that we produce enough for both local, regional and International markets.
Food crops. Food Security is key to development since a hungry population is not productive. Extension services to the farmers shall be undertaken as well as other support services to enhance production, storage and value addition to our products. Consideration for subsidies on farm implements and other farm inputs shall be given.
- Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation
- Medical Services and Public Health
- Lands, Physical planning, Urban development, Housing and Municipalities
- Roads, Public Works, Transport and Energy
- Trade, Investments and Enterprise Development
- Water, Environment, Natural Resources and Climate Change
- Public Service, Administration, Social Services, Citizen Participation and Inspectorate Services