We encourage environmental friendly approaches to mining for our mutual benefit now and for posterity. with Trona, Gypsum, Marble, Limestone, Salt and Soda ash. The exploitation of these Natural Resources shall be undertaken with absolute caution so as to safeguard our environment and heritage.
We purpose to underscore the role of local investors in boosting investment in the county and fostering foreign/external investor confidence.
Proximity to Tanzania makes our County strategic for international trade. We intend to take advantage of our strategic positioning with regard to JKIA to ensure that our perishable goods reach our target market in good time.
The county is near Nairobi the capital city with good linkages to the airports and markets. Enhanced production of goods and services shall be emphasized since markets are available. Infrastructural development shall be a key area for investment.
Availability of land for industrial investment. We shall discourage land fragmentation tendencies and encourage consolidation. Further, provision of industrial parks to be given as incentives for investment.
- Our focus is to spur growth in this sector vide introduction of ventures beyond traditional modes.
Eco-tourism – the county is home to a national park and vast tracts of undisturbed natural resource which are suitable for hospitality investment
We purpose to address the human and wildlife conflict that has given the county negative publicity. Our target is to secure our wildlife and promote co-existence with the community. Mechanisms shall be put in place to ensure the local people benefit from proceeds from wildlife conservation.
Community owned conservancies. Establishment of such conservancies shall be encouraged.
Our focus is to spur growth in this sector vide introduction of ventures beyond traditional modes.Eco-tourism around the county is home to a national park and vast tracts of undisturbed natural resource which are suitable for hospitality investment
Wildlife: We purpose to address the human and wildlife conflict that has given the county negative publicity. Our target is to secure our wildlife and promote co-existence with the community. Mechanisms shall be put in place to ensure the local people benefit from proceeds from wildlife conservation. Community owned conservancies. Establishment of such conservancies shall be encouraged.
The county government has massive plans in the improvement of education, educational institutions and trainers to ensure that our citizens gain competitive skills ready for absorption in the global job market.
- We wish to work with all stakeholders within and with-out the county to promote the quality of education in the county.
- We are also focused to ensure that the youths acquire employable skills even in the global job market.
- We want to rehabilitate and revitalize youth polytechnics.
All these cant be achieved solely by the county government, as it requires massive resources from all stakeholders.
In this regard, we seek willing investors to come and take advantage of the huge opportunities as follows:
- We seek partners and investors to help put up incubation centers and offer mentor-ship programs to our citizens.
- Kajiado has an extensive leather work and wish to invite investors and partners to offer skills on leather work, put up industries that will consume this readily available raw material.
- In our quest to improve the quality of education, we seek to offer the students hands on skills. We, therefor, urge investors to come and setup up companies, factories that can offer internships to our students and also job opportunities.
- Early childhood education plays key role in a child’s education capability. This requires a kin look at the teaching aid for the trainers. We therefor, request investors to come and put up manufacturing plants for the teaching aid.
- Kajiado is the richest county in culture. In order to conserve this rare resource, the county invites investors and partners to help in the construction and maintenance of cultural centers across the county.
- We are committed to ensure that our youths engage in productive activities and recreation is vital. We therefor, wish to invite willing investors to come on board and work with the county government in the construction of County recreation Parks
Livestock farming being our traditional specialty shall be improved as we implement best practices for maximum returns.
Forestry: Despite the dry spell experienced more often than not, the need to improve our forest cover as a sure way of attracting rainfall can not be gainsaid.
Water: The water table in the county is not beyond reach hence drilling of boreholes for provision of clean water for domestic and industrial use is critical for sustainability of our livelihoods. Availability of water shall spur growth in the agricultural and livestock sectors.
Horticulture and Flower culture: We envisage expansion of this sector so that we produce enough for both local, regional and International markets.
Food crops. Food Security is key to development since a hungry population is not productive. Extension services to the farmers shall be undertaken as well as other support services to enhance production, storage and value addition to our products. Consideration for subsidies on farm implements and other farm inputs shall be given.