The County government has released the 1st batch of the new generation land allotment letters for plots that have been validated in Kajiado County. Speaking during the occasion Governor Nkedianye said the process started with Kajiado town, next week we will be in Gichagi, Kiserian, Kware and ole Kasasi areas in Kajiado North .Assuring the crowd that his government has given a 3 months waiver for the 1500 shillings that one should pay per validated plot. “I urge all of you whose plots have not been validated please go to our offices and do so. For those of you, who have, please pick your new generation allotment letters from our offices. I’m glad that during this term, while I’m still in office this process has kicked off successfully.”Said Nkedianye
Speaking at the event Nkedianye called on the beneficiaries to lias with respective lands offices in the area to collect the documents. He also added that this will help to create social justice and harmony as opposed to conflicts that have resulted from land in the past.
The deputy governor hon. Paul Ntiati said the letters will enable the owners to borrow loans from banks hence they should use the opportunity to develop themselves. “I known the letters will enable you to borrow loans from the bank since most people could not even borrow loans from banks for lack of collateral but now, they are shall be able to do so. Use the opportunity to develop yourselves”.
CECM for land Ali Letura and lands officers were present.
- Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation
- Finance, Economic Planning and ICT
- Medical Services and Public Health
- Education, Vocational Training, Youth and Sports
- Lands, Physical planning, Urban development, Housing and Municipalities
- Roads, Public Works, Transport and Energy
- Trade, Investments and Enterprise Development
- Water, Environment, Natural Resources and Climate Change
- Public Service, Administration, Social Services, Citizen Participation and Inspectorate Services