The County Government through the Ministry of ICT, Gender and Culture yesterday has conducted an exclusive Gender mainstreaming policy validation program at Sandal wood Hotel Kitengela.
Addressing wanainchi Gender manager Mrs. Esther shena said that The Gender mainstreaming policy is a guideline to ensure that The County has plans, processes and procedures in gender mainstreaming.”This is a guideline to ensure that we have plans, procedures in the County Government, it is also important to know that when the government is working on various plans, they will be considering gender balance issue, persons with disabilities among others. “said Esther Shena.
Meanwhile she also added that The County Government through the Ministry of ICT &Gender has set aside some fund for the Youth and Women Empowerment initiatives where for a start it was ksh 100million and now what we are now waiting is just this Policy to go through, and once it is approved, we will be ready to go, and by then we will be able to know the number of both youth and Women groups to qualify plus the rates charged and grace period. This was an initiative of His Excellency The Governor,Dr Nkedienye.”Said Mrs Shena
On the Other side Outgoing County Executive for Information /Communication ,Gender. And Citizen Participation Honorable Gladys marima has expressed the various challenges surrounding the Gender of which she said that, The Gender mainstreaming issue might be a bit complicated to the common mwanainchi ,but it is all about giving gender issue a platform to be addressed to all Counties. I know it is so hard for the common mwanainchi to understand this, “This Gender mainstreaming might be a little bit complicated to the Common mwanainchi, but it is all about Giving Gender issues a platform to be addressed to all Counties “said Honorable Marima
- Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation
- Finance and Economic Planning
- Medical Services and Public Health
- Education, Vocational Training, Youth and Sports
- Lands, Physical planning, Urban development, Housing and Municipalities
- Roads, Public Works, Transport and Energy
- Trade, Investments and Enterprise Development
- Water, Environment, Natural Resources and Climate Change
- Public Service, Administration, Social Services, Citizen Participation and Inspectorate Services