The County Government of Kajiado today has approved a 6.5 billion shillings budget presented by the Executive for the 2015/2016 financial year.
The County government projected equitable a budget comprising of own revenue of 1 billion and a 4.4 billion equitable share from the National treasury.
The Executive committee member for finance and Economic planning Honorable Keswe Mapena arrived at the county assembly headquarters at 5pm and read the budget and surprisingly was endorsed without any amendments.
A surprised Mapena was cheered by MCA’s throughout the entire time he was reading the financial statement and on being through ,the County law makers approved it in its entirely.
The MCA’s however pulled a surprised moved when they passed a vote all the 21 pages of the budget statement must be signed before being forwarded to the County Governor to assent it into law.
Meanwhile The Budget and appropriation Committee chairman Honorable Henry Kimiti and Deputy speaker Honorable George Sunkuyia said the house decided to give the executive all the money it had asked for but with clear pointers that the assembly will monitor it’s expenditure.
- Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation
- Finance, Economic Planning and ICT
- Medical Services and Public Health
- Education, Vocational Training, Youth and Sports
- Lands, Physical planning, Urban development, Housing and Municipalities
- Roads, Public Works, Transport and Energy
- Trade, Investments and Enterprise Development
- Water, Environment, Natural Resources and Climate Change
- Public Service, Administration, Social Services, Citizen Participation and Inspectorate Services