- Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation
- Finance and Economic Planning
- Medical Services and Public Health
- Education, Vocational Training, Youth and Sports
- Lands, Physical planning, Urban development, Housing and Municipalities
- Roads, Public Works, Transport and Energy
- Trade, Investments and Enterprise Development
- Water, Environment, Natural Resources and Climate Change
- Public Service, Administration, Social Services, Citizen Participation and Inspectorate Services
By: CGK 0
Three (3) patients have tested positive for COVID-19 in Kajiado County since the pandemic was declared in the country last month. The latest case was confirmed yesterday in Ngong, Matasia where a 34 year old female patient with no history of travel was tested positive after two days of isolation at the Ole Kasasi Health Centre. The patient has since been transferred to the Kenyatta University Hospital for further management as the surveillance team commences contact tracing and possible quarantine for those she exposed.
The other patient, a 38 year old lady from Kitengela (Korompoi) was tested positive and later treated at The Aga Khan Hospital on 2nd April and has already recovered. All his known contacts have been traced and they all tested negative as well.
The third patient was the first COVID-19 confirmed case in the country, reported on 13th March in Nairobi: a 27th year old lady from Olekasasi ,Ongata Rongai with a history of travel from abroad. Her case was managed at The Mbagathi District Hospital and she was declared negative after 21 days in isolation at the facility. Her contacts have also been traced, quarantined and tested with their samples indicating a negative result for the virus.
The Department of Health has confirmed that no one has succumbed to COVID-19 related deaths in the County so far as fully equipped frontline workers continue to
monitor patients in the the isolation centers in all sub counties.