Governor Joseph Ole Lenku to sponsor 20 rescued Girls at Kajiado AIC Boarding School:-
Kajiado County Government has launched a new sponsorship plan for girls rescued from early marriages and female genital mutilation.
The pupils at Kajiado AIC Girls Boarding School will for the first time benefit from bursaries at both the ward and county levels.
Addressing parents, pupils, sponsors and teachers during a thanksgiving ceremony at the school, Governor Lenku expressed concern that the 720 pupils’ school did not have much support from the bursary kitty of the County Government.
Governor Lenku challenged the girls not to compete with local schools but with other better performers at the national level.
“We want you to aim higher. You can compete with top schools. We shall support your infrastructural development. We have already supplied the school with water. More support is on the way if you perform better,” said Governor Lenku.
The Governor was accompanied by five CECs led by Samuel Seki (Education), Alex Kilouwa (Roads), Moses Narok (Agriculture) Michael Semera (Finance) and Hamilton Parseina (Lands).
- Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation
- Finance, Economic Planning and ICT
- Medical Services and Public Health
- Education, Vocational Training, Youth and Sports
- Lands, Physical planning, Urban development, Housing and Municipalities
- Roads, Public Works, Transport and Energy
- Trade, Investments and Enterprise Development
- Water, Environment, Natural Resources and Climate Change
- Public Service, Administration, Social Services, Citizen Participation and Inspectorate Services